What is Hardware - Computer hardware refers to the physical parts or components of a computer such as the monitor, mouse, keyboard, computer data storage, hard drive disk (HDD), system unit (graphic cards, sound cards, memory, motherboard and chips), etc. all of which are physical objects that can be touched.
· Keyboard - A keyboard is the set of typewriter-like keys used to enter data into a computer.Keyboards are similar to typewriter keyboards but contain additional keys.
Keyboard layout - QWERTY, AZERTY, Dvorak
A joystick is an input device consisting of a stick that pivots on a base and reports its angle or direction to the device it is controlling. Joysticksare often used to control video games, and usually have one or more push-buttons whose state can also be read by the computer.
Types of Registers are as Followings
Accumulator Register- Which stores the intermediate result of arithmetic and logical operations.
Program Counter – which contain the address of the next instruction to process.
Instruction Register – IR – which contain the current instruction being processed.
· The clock speed is currently clocked in KiloHertz (Hz), MegaHertz (MHz), and GigaHertz (GHz).
· Fetch > decode > execute > store
Motherboard – A motherboard (sometimes alternatively known as the mainboard, system board, planar board or logic board, or colloquially, a mobo) is the main printed circuit board (PCB) found in computersand other expandable systems.
Motherboard Bus - The motherboard bus is a set of wires that allows one part of the motherboard to connect and communicate with other parts of the motherboard, including the central processing unit (CPU).
What is a Port- is a physical docking point using which an external device can be connected to the computer.
- Used for external modems and older computer mouse
- Two versions : 9 pin, 25 pin model
- Data travels at 115 kilobits per second
- Used for scanners and printers
- Also called printer port
- 25 pin model
- Also known as IEEE 1284-compliant Centronics port
- Connects a PC's modem to the telephone network
- Connect a joystick to a PC
- Now replaced by USB.